Properly preparing your child for the kindergarten learning environment
Studies show that children who participate in a quality Pre-K program are prepared to learn and perform better throughout elementary school. Our curriculum provides theme-based lessons and activities designed to bring out the strengths in every child, so they can enter kindergarten with confidence and are well prepared to learn!
Our proprietary Seedlings Early Childhood Education Curriculum utilizes theme-based lessons to strengthen your child’s emerging skills in reading, writing, science, technology and math. Academic development in these areas is assessed by the Vine Assessment System, which meets the common core standards of all 50 states.
Additionally, we help prepare your child for the structured learning environment of a kindergarten classroom through teacher-guided instruction and child-led exploration focused on effective communication, the ability to follow instruction, and how to work cooperatively with peers.
Enrichment programs such as Spanish Sprouts, Signing Sprouts, Singing Sprouts, Yoga & Mindfulness, and Handwriting Without Tears® expand on key building blocks that support our multi-sensory approach.
- Creative Arts & Music: Together, we explore tempos and rhythms, sing in groups, learn about a multitude of instruments and create beautiful artwork, as we work to increase hand-eye coordination.
- Physical & Well-Being: Learning the habits necessary to live a healthy, active life begins early in life. Large motor activities along with small muscle strength build fine-motor skills and healthy bodies. Children are developing large motor skills for sports and dance, and fine motor skills for writing and playing instruments.
- Language & Literacy: Pre-K is a critical time for the development of language, literacy and a love of reading. Along with fostering verbal communication, reading and writing skills continue to expand through creative journaling and a classroom filled with labeled items, expanding their vocabulary and sight word knowledge.
- Mathematics & Science: Interactive learning enables ocean exploration through underwater webcams, and STREAM activities create a rich environment of discovery. Children will also learn numbers, measurements and patterns through hands-on learning.
- Social & Emotional: Children build the self-esteem and self-regulation skills necessary to succeed in elementary school. Studies show that social- emotional intelligence is one of the best indicators of future success. By choosing playtime partners, forming friendships and learning how to take care of personal needs, children build the independence and confidence needed to advance.
- Cognitive: The development of reasoning skills allows preschool children to create innovative solutions as well as the ability to persist in solving difficult problems. It’s all about the individual as we learn through a variety of themes and styles, so every child can progress naturally and without frustration.
Lightbridge Academy students tested 97% proficient in kindergarten-readiness skills according to a 2022-2023 Vine Assessment of four- and five-year-old Pre-Kindergarteners across key learning domains.*
*Utilizing the Vine Assessment, teachers actively observed and assessed children in the areas of Mathematics, Science, Literacy Knowledge & Skills, Language & Communication, Social/Emotional, Perception, Motor & Physical, Creative & Cultural Arts, and overall Approaches to Learning. The Vine is a developmentally appropriate early childhood assessment that aligns with the Common Core Standards to ensure children's success in their future elementary years. Peer-reviewed by members of Columbia University and the University of California, Berkeley, Vine's approach is both observational and formative, allowing for Lightbridge Academy teachers to observe children over the course of an entire school year. This assessment provided the opportunity to create individualized lessons for students, helping them achieve both academic and life skills needed to become lifelong learners, the leaders of tomorrow and successful Kindergarteners.
In our preschool classrooms, students develop their cognitive functions by exploring and manipulating technology to investigate questions and solve problems.
Interactive whiteboards enable teachers to bring children on virtual field trips, play learning games with the children, interact with oversized stories and bring lessons to life in big, beautiful ways.
By meeting the needs of both visual and kinesthetic learners, tech tables and whiteboards capture the attention of students increasing learning motivation and class participation.
The Solution for Working Parents®
As your child prepares for Kindergarten, you’ll want to follow their progress closely. We make sure you never have to miss a special moment and are always aware of your child’s activities and progress. Additionally, we offer other helpful conveniences to provide you peace of mind and help simplify your life as a busy working parent.
Lightbridge Journey App
Receive daily reminders and notifications of your child's achievements, photos, video clips, food schedules and more.
ParentView® Internet Monitoring
Stay connected — in real time! Log in and watch your child having fun and being engaged in learning activities throughout the day.
Take a look at what's happening in the coming week, including news about curriculum, activities and special visitors.
Lightbridge Academy has nutritious options available. We make sure to appear to even the most finicky eaters, and you can be sure your child is happy and eating well.
Your child's health and safety are our number one priority. This includes healthy morning and afternoon snacks such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains and proteins.
Extended Hours and Back-up Care
When your schedule changes, know we're here to offer you the helping hand you need.