Teaching at a Toddler's Pace
Toddlers are quickly learning so much about the world around them, developing faster than almost any other age group. They are all about speed — learning to sing, talk and run all at once. Lightbridge Academy's Toddler Program is designed to make the most of every one of their fast-paced milestones.
Every day my son comes home and teaches me something new. Last week I learned how to say 'octopus' in sign language. His excitement is overflowing!"
Our curriculum specifically addresses toddlers' rapid growth and development by catering to their readiness cues, with the older toddler curriculum focused on preparing for preschool and beyond. When they display interest or signs of emerging skills, we can encourage them to move to the next challenge.
Toddler classrooms feature center-based learning created to build upon the skills each child acquires, at the various ages of development. Learning areas are filled with fun and age-appropriate puzzles, manipulatives, games and toys to encourage your child's development of…
- Creative Arts & Music: Music, repetition, and movement are infused into group time and transitions. Creative arts are explored through textures, design and, of course, your child's imagination!
- Physical & Well-Being: By walking and running, toddlers are gaining control over small and large muscles, fine-tuning their movements, and carving out their very own paths.
- Language & Literacy: Muscle control and cognitive advancements make way for very interesting conversations, which we relish and encourage, as toddlers express their thoughts and needs.
- Mathematics & Science: Teachers utilize counting, patterning, and matching colors and shapes, providing an early foundation for science and math.
- Social & Emotional Well-Being: Independence really shines through as toddlers choose friends and delight in pleasing adults. Positive reinforcement encourages good behavior and creates enjoyable learning experiences.
- Cognitive Skills: Cognitive progression in toddlers means less “trial and error” and more deliberate actions as well as a longer attention span and a preference for particular people, places and things.
The Solution for Working Parents®
As a parent of a toddler, it’s important to closely follow their progress and know what’s happening during their day. This is why we make it a priority to keep you connected to your child while they are here with us. Additionally, we offer other helpful conveniences to provide you peace of mind and help simplify your life as a busy working parent: